Friday, August 5, 2011

And another Top Pick for 2011

The Night CircusThe Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Enter the lyrical and haunting world of the Night Circus. It will draw you in, entrance you and wisk you away to a different time and place. With its evocative language, and gently flowing plot, it reminded me rather of "Jonathan Strange" and some of Neil Gaiman's work. The descriptions are lush and vivid, the characters entrancing. It haunted me long after the final page. However, there is a blemish to every jewel and in this one it was the constantly shifting time periods - each chapter would jump back or forward some years, which left me feeling a little disorientated. It was to good purpose though, to aid the ebby and flow of the tale.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment