Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Faeries with a Twist

Faery SwapFaery Swap by Susan Kaye Quinn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I almost missed the chance to read this book, as the Netgalley invite had somehow found its way into my "spam/trash" folder (thanks gmail - not) but I am so very glad I found it! It was a quick and most entertaining read, devoured within approximately 24 hours and now being happily digested.

The writing style is excellent - rich in detail and strong in characterisation. Finn and Erin, American children suddenly plunged into England (I loved the interjections with English slang etc) and then - just as Finn has started to settle down and see his sister off to school, a faery possesses his body and sends him away to the land of the Fae. But is Finn deterred? Well, slightly, but he is also very determined and will not let his sister be left alone.

Each chapter focuses on one of the two main characters - Finn and Zaneyr (the faery prince who "steals" his body). Together it weaves the story and brings us to a conclusion that is both satisfying but also makes us wish for more.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment