Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sexy Lycanthropy

Changeling Moon (Changeling, #1)Changeling Moon by Dani Harper

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Buy it on Amazon for $1.99 (kindle)

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel, and found it rather difficult to put down. At first I was sceptical - werewolf novels are a dime a dozen and tend into the cliched. But I vey quickly found myself hooked. This is probably more romance/erotica than I normally read* but I enjoyed the characters and the plot was well paced. Connor was suitably loveable - then again, I am rather drawn to sexy veterinarians - a good way to display his compassionate and empathic side. This doesn't really bring much new to the werewolf genre - there are no startling revelations or dramatic twists to the common mythology, although it does combine somewhat some of the vampire mythos to the werewolf mythos. It is not entirely generic either.

All in all, a worthy read, although now I'm hooked - the prices on her other books are a wee bit higher!

This is the story about a young female reporter with minor psychic powers. After her "curse" forces her from the city and into a small country town, she thinks life is going to be less stressful. But she's wrong, for within the first few pages she is attacked by a rather large wolf and begins to uncover the secrets of this small farming town. Then she starts to fall for the rather sexy veterinarian, Connor MacLeod, who has some rather interesting secrets of his own... Well, not very secret, because you as the reader know he's a werewolf shapeshifter from the start. But that doesn't mean Zoey is going to be so easily convinced!


View all my reviews

* Who am I kidding? I read Nalini Singh.

No comments:

Post a Comment